This Rice Noodle Salad is light and fresh, super healthy and full of flavour!
Why you'll love this Rice Noodle Salad:
- it's perfect for hot summer days where you want to do minimal or no cooking
- it's nutritious and satisfying
- it's light and refreshing
- it's seriously healthy
- it's great for packed lunches and picnics
- it's vegan and gluten-free
- it has a deliciously salty-sweet, tangy dressing
- it can easily be customised depending on what you have on hand
- it's a great way to clear out the fridge
- it's super easy to make!
How to make this Rice Noodle Salad
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Cook or soak rice noodles according to instructions on packet.
- Cut tofu into small cubes.
- Cut up vegetables.
I went for a combination of different flavours and textures:
- candy-sweet red peppers
- crunchy carrots
- refreshing raw zucchini
- spicy radishes
- aromatic basil
...but you can use anything you like!
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Place cooked noodles, tofu and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well.
Tip: Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
How long does this Rice Noodle Salad keep for?
This Rice Noodle Salad keeps covered in the fridge for up to a day - it works well for packed lunches or picnics!
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- the rice noodles can be substituted with soba noodles
- the tofu can be substituted with edamame or chickpeas
- you can use any cooked or raw vegetables you like
- the agave syrup can be substituted with any other sweetener!
More delicious vegan noodle recipes:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Rice Noodle Salad (Vegan + GF)
For the salad:
- 100 g (3.5 oz) rice noodles (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 300 g (10.5 oz) silken tofu
- Carrot , peeled and cut into thin ribbons
- Zucchini (courgette) , cut into thin ribbons
- Radishes , thinly sliced
- Red pepper , cut into matchsticks
- Fresh basil , finely sliced
For the salad:
- Cook or soak rice noodles according to instructions on packet
- Drain and rinse tofu, then pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into small cubes
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl
- Place cooked noodles, tofu and vegetables in a large bowl
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a day
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.