This Broccoli and Edamame with Sesame Dressing is a quick, easy and delicious side dish that will compliment almost any meal.
First, let's talk about the Sesame Dressing. It's inspired by this sesame dressing that I always buy when I'm in Japan. The dressing is creamy, salty-sweet and incredibly moreish.
I use it for absolutely anything green (lettuce leaves, cucumber, French beans, broccoli, spinach, the list goes on...). Basically, everything becomes 100 times more delicious drizzled (i.e. drowned) with this sesame dressing.
However, it's not the healthiest of condiments as it sometimes contains a lot of sugar and MSG too. So, I decided to make a version of it at home, which turns out cheaper and healthier.
My version here requires just 6 easy-to-find ingredients and comes together in just a couple of minutes.
The quantity of ingredients I've listed in the recipe here means you'll make more of the dressing than you'll need, but leftovers keep in a sealed jar in the fridge for a couple of weeks, and you can use it enhance the flavour of so many things!
It's delicious drizzled over any type of salad or any steamed veggies of choice.
My favourite vegetable to use for this sesame dressing is probably tenderstem broccoli, as the little broccoli florets soak up so much delicious sesame flavour.
Its nutty flavour pairs deliciously with the rich sesame aromas in the dressing, and it also adds extra protein and fibre.
This dish is also vegan, gluten-free and incredibly healthy. It can be enjoyed hot or cold, so it's really easy to make in advance too.
This Broccoli and Edamame with Sesame Dressing goes really well with dishes such as:
For more delicious side dishes, check out my:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Broccoli and Edamame with Sesame Dressing (Vegan + GF)
- 2 handfuls of tenderstem broccoli (broccolini)
- 2 handfuls of edamame (I use frozen edamame)
For the dressing: (makes 220ml/just less than 1 cup)
- If using frozen edamame, boil it in a saucepan according to instructions on packet
- Drain and place in a bowl once done
- Put the broccoli in the same saucepan with a small amount of water and turn up the heat until the water starts to boil. Then turn down the heat, keep a lid on and steam for around 5 minutes until the broccoli is cooked but retains a little bite
- Drain and add to the bowl with the edamame
For the dressing:
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and mix very well
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of the dressing over the broccoli and edamame and toss together
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.