These Energy Bars are perfectly sweet, fudgy and seriously satisfying! They require just 3 ingredients and are easily customisable!
Why you'll love these Energy Bars:
- they're undetectably vegan and gluten-free
- they're fudgy and chewy
- they're no-bake
- they're healthy and nutritious
- they're a source of protein and fibre
- they're easily transportable
- they're filling and satisfying
- they're easily customisable
- they're refined sugar free
- they're date-sweetened
- they're paleo-friendly
- they're grain-free
- they're nut-free optional
- they take just 15 minutes to make!
How to make these Energy Bars
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the full recipe.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Whizz until smooth but still retaining some texture.
Tip: It needs to be sticky enough to be able to easily mould into balls. However, be careful not to over-blend, as the mixture will become very greasy as the oils will be released from the nuts.
- Smooth over the top.
- Decorate with goji berries and chopped pistachios, if desired.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for it to firm up before cutting.
- Remove from the loaf tin and cut into bars - you should be able to cut into 6 bars.
How long do these Energy Bars keep for?
These Energy Bars keep covered in the fridge for a good few days.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can substitute the walnuts with any other nuts or seeds: almonds, cashew nuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds etc
- you can substitute the almond butter with peanut butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter or tahini
- you can substitute the dates with raisins, prunes or dried apricots
- for a nut-free version, use sunflower seeds instead of walnuts, and use tahini instead of almond butter
- you can add cocoa powder or matcha powder
- you can add chocolate chips
- you can drizzle over melted dark chocolate.
More vegan no-bake treats:
- Chocolate Pudding Pots
- Chocolate Truffles
- Strawberry Trifle
- Key Lime Pie
- Protein Bars
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Energy Bites
- Protein Balls
- Energy Balls
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Energy Bars (Vegan + GF)
To decorate (optional):
- Pistachio nuts , chopped
- Desiccated coconut
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor
- Blend until combined but still retaining some texture – it needs to be sticky enough to be able to easily stick together. However, be careful not to over-blend, as the mixture will become very greasy as the oils will be released from the nuts
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf tin lined with greaseproof baking paper (I used a one-pound loaf tin)
- Smooth over the top
- Decorate with chopped pistachios, desiccated coconut and freeze-dried raspberries, if desired
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for it to firm up before cutting
- Remove from the loaf tin and cut into bars - you should be able to cut into 6 bars
- Keeps covered in the fridge for a good few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.