These Vegan Protein Balls taste like chocolate truffles but are super nutritious and filling!
What protein powder should you use?
My favourite type of vegan protein powder to use is Ora Organic Vanilla Protein Powder. For a full review of this protein powder, which explains why I love it so much, you can check out my Vegan Protein Pancakes recipe post.
Why you’ll love these Vegan Protein Balls:
- they taste like chocolate truffles
- they’re no-bake
- they’re healthy and nutritious
- they’re a good source of protein and fibre
- they’re easily transportable
- they’re filling and satisfying
- they’re easily customisable
- they’re refined sugar free
- they’re date-sweetened
- they’re gluten-free
- they take just 15 minutes to make
- they make a great dessert or snack and are perfect for meal prep!
How to make these Vegan Protein Balls
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the full recipe.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Whizz until completely smooth.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into little balls – you should be able to make 21.
How long do these Vegan Protein Balls keep for?
These Vegan Protein Balls keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a good few days.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can substitute the almond butter with peanut butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter or tahini
- you can substitute the dates with raisins, prunes or dried apricots
- you can omit the cocoa powder or substitute with matcha powder (but make sure to use much less matcha as it’s much stronger!).
More vegan no-bake treats:
- Chocolate Pudding Pots
- Chocolate Truffles
- Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Cookies
- Energy Bars
- Protein Bars
- Strawberry Trifle
- Key Lime Pie
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Energy Bites
- Energy Balls
- Healthy Peanut Butter Balls
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Protein Balls (Gluten-Free)
- 130 g (3/4 cup) pitted dates (soaked overnight in cold water or in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- 100 g (2/3 cup) cashew nuts (soaked overnight in cold water or in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon smooth almond butter (or sub peanut butter or tahini)
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons vegan protein powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Drain the dates and cashew nuts and place in a food processor with all the other ingredients
- Blend until completely smooth – you will need to mix it around a few times
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into little balls – you should be able to make 21
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a good few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.