This Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler is the best comforting dessert: think sticky, jammy peaches under a soft, “buttery” topping! You can use fresh peaches in summer and tinned peaches the rest of the year.
Why you’ll love this Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler:
- it’s undetectably vegan and gluten-free
- it’s filled with juicy, jammy peaches
- the topping is rich and “buttery”
- it’s the perfect comforting dessert
- it can be made with fresh or tinned peaches
- it’s super easy to make
- it’s made in one bowl
- it’s refined sugar free
- it’s perfect for sharing and entertaining!
How to make this Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Place the peaches in a large baking dish.
- Add the maple syrup and lemon juice and mix well.
- Place all the ingredients for the topping in a glass mixing bowl and mix well.
Tip: Add the plant-based milk a little bit at a time until you get a fairly soft dough.
- Use two tablespoons to place a heaped tablespoon of the dough on top of the peaches.
- Repeat for the rest of the mixture – you should be able to make around 12 balls.
- Sprinkle over coconut sugar, if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until browned and an inserted skewer into the topping comes out clean.
How long does this Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler keep for?
This Peach Cobbler tastes much better enjoyed immediately – you can halve or quarter the recipe’s ingredient quantities if you prefer.
SUBSTITUTIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO THIS RECIPE:
- you can substitute the peaches with nectarines
- you can use fresh or tinned peaches
- you can substitute the peaches with other fruit such as strawberries, cherries or blueberries – but make sure to adjust the cooking time
- you can add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the peaches
- you can use any type of oil: coconut oil, olive oil, vegetable oil etc
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc
- you can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can use plain flour, wholemeal (whole wheat) flour or spelt flour instead of the gluten-free flour if you’re not gluten-free.
More vegan desserts:
- Chocolate Pudding Pots
- Strawberry Trifle
- Bread Pudding
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Rice Pudding
- Blueberry Cheesecake
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler
- 700 g (25 oz) ripe but firm peaches , removed from the stone and sliced (around 4 peaches) *
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the topping:
- 60 g (1/4 cup) coconut oil (or sub olive or vegetable oil)
- 8 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar ** (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) ground almonds (almond meal) ***
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) gluten-free flour blend (or sub plain flour if not gluten-free)
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
To sprinkle on top (optional):
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Place the peaches in a large baking dish
- Add the maple syrup and lemon juice and mix well
- Place all the ingredients for the topping in a bowl and mix well (no need to sift in the flour) – add the milk a little bit at a time until you get a fairly soft dough (you can also add a tiny splash more milk if it’s looking too dry
- Use two tablespoons to place a heaped tablespoon of the dough on top of the peaches
- Repeat for the rest of the mixture – you should be able to make around 12 soft balls
- Sprinkle over coconut sugar, if desired
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until browned and an inserted skewer into the topping comes out clean
- Best enjoyed immediately!
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.