This Gluten-Free Rice Bread is crusty on the outside, soft on the inside and has a completely neutral flavour! It’s also no-knead, yeast-free, free from sugar and super easy to make!
This Rice Bread is made using a mixture of brown rice flour and white rice flour. I’m really happy that this combination worked as it means the bread has a completely neutral flavour, which is quite rare in gluten-free bread recipes.
Where can you buy brown rice flour?
If you can’t find brown rice flour in your local supermarket, you’ll be able to find it in local health stores or online.
Why you’ll love this Gluten-Free Rice Bread:
- it’s undetectably vegan and gluten-free
- it’s crusty on the ¿outside
- it’s fluffy on the inside
- it has a completely neutral flavour
- it’s oil-free
- it’s free from sugar
- it’s yeast-free
- it’s nut-free
- it’s perfect for toast or sandwiches
- it’s delicious with sweet or savoury toppings
- there’s no kneading required
- there’s no proving time needed
- it’s made in one bowl
- it requires just 15 minutes to put together before baking!
How to make this Gluten-Free Rice Bread
Scroll down to the bottom of the post to see the full recipe.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a glass mixing bowl.
Tip: Use a measuring jug to measure out the water.
- Transfer the batter into a one-pound loaf tin.
Tip: Line the tin with greased baking paper to make the bread easier to remove after.
- Sprinkle over mixed seeds to decorate, if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes.
Tip: Transfer the loaf to a cooling rack to cool down completely before packing away to store because otherwise the steam from the warm bread will get trapped and you’ll end up with soggy bread!
- Best left to cool completely before slicing.
How long does this bread keep for?
This bread is definitely much better eaten freshly made, but it keeps well covered in the fridge for a good few days. If not eaten on the day it’s made, it’s best toasted before eating.
More gluten-free vegan bread recipes:
- Gluten-Free Vegan Chickpea Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Banana Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Irish Soda Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Almond Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Oat Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Dinner Rolls
- Gluten-Free Vegan Seeded Buckwheat Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Cornbread
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Gluten-Free Rice Bread (Vegan)
- 225 g (2 cups) brown rice flour
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) rice flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 3 heaped teaspoons baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 270 ml (1 1/4 cups) water
To decorate (optional):
- Poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds etc
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf tin (I used a one-pound loaf tilined with greased baking paper
- Scatter over mixed seeds to decorate, if desired
- Bake in the oven for around 55 minutes, until risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before putting away to store
- Tastes best eaten freshly made, but keeps well covered in the fridge for a good few days – if not eaten on the day it’s made, it’s best toasted before eating
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.