This Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is creamy, nutritious and packed with flavour!
Wow, this might just be my new favourite pasta sauce! It's packed full of allllll the yummy ingredients, like:
- sweet roasted onion, garlic and red peppers
- smoky paprika
- fragrant oregano
- spicy cayenne
- tangy lemon juice
- 'cheesy' nutritional yeast
To add creaminess to the sauce, I decided to use white beans, which when blended up, create a seriously rich and velvety texture. I also used unsweetened almond milk for extra creaminess, but if you'd like to keep it nut-free this can be substituted with unsweetened oat milk.
I like to serve this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with some steamed greens, such as kale, spinach or broccoli. It's also delicious topped with pine nuts and fresh parsley or basil.
You can use any type of pasta you like - I used brown rice spaghetti, but anything else would work equally well to soak up all that gorgeous sauce!
For more vegan pasta recipes, check out my:
- Creamy Tomato Sauce Pasta
- Creamy Pesto Pasta
- Pea Pasta Minestrone Soup
- Creamy Sundried Pesto Pasta
- Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta Salad
- Creamy Miso Pasta Sauce
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Helpful tools to make this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta:
rectangular baking tray
hand-held stick blender
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta (GF)
- 4 portions pasta (ensure gluten-free if necessary - I used brown rice spaghetti)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil (coconut, vegetable, rapeseed or olive)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Pinch cayenne chilli pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 400 g (14oz) tin of white beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini, haricot or butter beans)
- 300 ml (1 ¼ cup) unsweetened almond milk (or sub unsweetened oat milk for a nut-free version)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt + pepper, to taste
To serve (optional):
- Steamed greens (spinach, kale, broccoli etc)
- Pine nuts
- Fresh parsley or basil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Cook pasta according to instructions on packet
- Place the onion, garlic and red pepper on a baking tray lined with greaseproof baking paper and drizzle over the oil
- Bake in oven for around 15 minutes, until softened and slightly browned
- Peel the roasted garlic and place in a food processor or blender (a hand-held stick blender also works) with the roasted onion and red pepper
- Add the paprika, cayenne, oregano, lemon juice and white beans, and whizz until completely smooth
- Place this blended sauce in a pan (you could use the same one you used to cook the pasta), add the almond milk, nutritional yeast and salt + pepper and bring to the boil
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well
- Enjoy immediately, with steamed greens, pine nuts and fresh parsley or basil, if desired
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.
Love your white bean mac and cheese, so I'm sure this will be great too. Nice idea to use white beans!