These Gluten-Free Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are soft and chewy, perfectly sweet and nutty. They’re super easy to make and satisfying too!
Why you’ll love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- they’re undetectably vegan and gluten-free
- they’re perfectly chewy
- they’re not too sweet
- they’re crispy on the outside and tender on the inside
- they’re refined sugar free
- they’re oil-free
- they’re high in protein and fibre
- they’re made in one bowl
- they take just 30 minutes to make
- they make a great dessert, snack or even breakfast!
How to make these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a glass mixing bowl.
- Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and use your hands to form it into a little patty.
- Lay it out onto a rectangular baking tray lined with greased baking paper.
- Repeat until the rest of the batter is used up – you should be able to make 12 cookies.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes until golden brown.
How long do these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies keep for?
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies keep in an airtight container for up to a few days.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc
- you can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can substitute the peanut butter with any other nut or seed butter: almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, tahini etc
- the ground almonds can be substituted with ground walnuts or ground sunflower seeds
- you can add chocolate chips to the cookies
- you can also add dried fruit such as raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries etc
- you can also add chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecan nuts or desiccated coconut!
More gluten-free vegan cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Gluten-Free Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 85 g (1/3 cup) peanut butter (or sub any other nut or seed butter)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 60 g (1/2 cup) ground almonds (almond meal) *
- 150 g (1 1/2 cups) rolled oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl
- Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it’s looking too dry
- Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and use your hands to form it into a little patty
- Lay it out onto a baking tray lined with greased baking paper
- Repeat until the rest of the batter is used up - you should be able to make 12 cookies
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes until golden brown
- Leave to cool completely before storing in an airtight container - keeps for a good few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.