This Italian Hummus is made with creamy white beans and flavoured with fragrant rosemary.
One of the most popular post on my blog is this Wagamama-Inspired Salad Dressing, so I thought doing more restaurant-inspired recipe posts was the way to go!
The recipe here is pretty similar to a normal hummus recipe, but you just substitute the chickpeas with cannellini beans (or any other white beans you have on hand should work, like haricot beans or butter beans).
What I found unique about the Prezzo Italian Hummus was the delicious pairing of the creamy white beans with the aromatic rosemary.
It actually came served with a "roasted red pepper tapenade" on top, but as I didn't have time to make this, I decided to drizzle the hummus with chilli oil instead.
I feel this works in a similar way, adding a spicy kick to the garlicky, tangy hummus. If you do want to go down the roasted red pepper tapenade route, perhaps you could try this roasted red pepper sauce?
It also makes a great make-ahead appetiser if you're feeding a crowd. It caters for a variety of dietary requirements too, because it's vegan and gluten-free.
I hope you'll love this Italian Hummus! Looking for more great dips? You might like this:
- Domino's Pizza Garlic Herb Dip
- Miso Aubergine Dip
- Sweet Potato Hummus (Without A Blender!)
- Pumpkin Sage White Bean Hummus
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Helpful tools to make this Italian Hummus:
Italian Hummus (Vegan + GF)
- 400 g (14oz) tin of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or sub haricot or butter beans)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or sub equivalent amount fresh rosemary)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt + pepper, to taste
To serve (optional):
- Extra fresh rosemary
- Chilli oil
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Place all ingredients into blender/food processor (or hand-held blender) and whizz until smooth
- To serve, drizzle with chilli oil and garnish with extra fresh rosemary and fresh parsley
- Serve with vegetable crudités, bread or crackers
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.