Looking for vegan pasta recipes?
Here are 17 delicious vegan pasta recipes – there’s a wide variety of vegan pasta dishes, from creamy sauces, pasta soups, tomato sauces, mac and cheese, pasta salads, vegetable sauces and gnocchi. All these recipes are also gluten-free and made using simple, plant-based ingredients.
Whether you’re looking for an easy dinner or lunch recipe, or something to impress for a special occasion, you’re bound to find something you love!
Tips for buying vegan pasta:
- most fresh pastas you find in the supermarket won’t be vegan as they mostly contain eggs
- most dry pastas you find in the supermarket will be vegan, though some contain eggs too – always make sure to check the ingredients.
Tips for buying gluten-free pasta:
- there are so many gluten-free pastas in the supermarkets recently, made with ingredients as diverse as brown rice, corn, quinoa, buckwheat, chickpeas, red lentils, edamame, black beans, green peas etc
- I’ve tried and tested all of these, and my favourite is brown rice pasta, because it’s very easy to cook, has an undetectably gluten-free texture and a neutral taste
- for one-pot pasta dishes, such as my Minestrone, I love to use green pea pasta as it doesn’t release too much starch whilst cooking and these starches don’t affect the taste of the soup.
Top tip for cooking gluten-free pasta:
- A lot of gluten-free pastas (such as brown rice pasta) release a lot of starch during cooking (compared to wheat pasta). This means that the cooking liquid can become very ‘gloopy’ and it isn’t completely removed from the pasta even after you’ve drained it. This can really affect the taste and texture of your final dish.
- This problem can be avoided if you pour boiling water over the pasta after you’ve cooked and drained it, which completely gets rid of the cooking liquid and excess starch, infinitely improving the taste and texture of your dish!
This Creamy Miso Pasta is rich, perfectly flavourful and super easy to make. The umami-rich sauce pairs perfectly with the meaty mushrooms!
This Cashew Alfredo Sauce Pasta is super rich and creamy, seriously comforting and is ready in 30 minutes!
This Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is creamy, nutritious and packed with flavour! A vibrantly colourful dish.
This Pea Pasta Minestrone Soup is comforting yet light, full of flavour and so warming. An easy one-pot dish!
This Creamy Tomato Sauce Pasta is super comforting, satisfying yet healthy, and the creamy texture pairs beautifully with the tangy tomatoes!
This Creamy Pumpkin Chestnut Pasta is cosy, comforting and perfectly sweet and topped with the most delicious crispy breadcrumbs.
This Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta Salad is packed with beautiful veggies like earthy zucchini (courgette), nutty sweetcorn, sweet red peppers, fragrant basil and juicy cherry tomatoes.
This garlicky, fragrant, luxuriously creamy pesto sauce is perfect for a quick and easy pasta dish.
This Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese is rich and creamy, full of flavour and so comforting. It makes the best nutritious yet hearty meal!
10. Tofu Bolognese
This Tofu Bolognese is filling and satisfying, healthy yet comforting and full of flavour! A crowd-pleasing dish that’s bound to satisfy even picky eaters.
This Rainbow Macaroni Salad is creamy and tangy, packed with veggies and super easy to make!
This Mushroom Stroganoff is comforting and satisfying, creamy and flavourful and a must for mushroom-lovers!
This Vegan Pumpkin Gnocchi Soup is super comforting, satisfying, and the best way to warm up on a cold day!
This Vegan Ragu made using shredded eggplant (aubergine) is so “meaty” and flavourful!
This White Bean Mac and Cheese is luxuriously creamy, seriously comforting and so easy to make.
This Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Gnocchi is vividly colourful yet comfortingly cosy.
This Avocado Pesto is easily made from scratch without even using a blender – it’s fresh, healthy and so quick to make!
If you try out any of these vegan pasta recipes, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.