These Gluten-Free Vegan Crepes are perfectly chewy, bendy and slightly crispy. They’re easy to make and require just 3 ingredients!
Why you’ll love these Gluten-Free Vegan Crepes:
- they’re undetectably gluten-free and vegan
- they’re thin and bendy
- they’re made using just 3 ingredients
- they contain no added sugar
- they’re not dry or crumbly and don’t fall apart
- they can be eaten with a range of different fillings
- they can be used as wraps for savoury fillings
- they’re made without flax eggs or aquafaba
- they’re easy to make
- they come together in one bowl!
How to make these Gluten-Free Vegan Crepes
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
Tip: Make sure you use a measuring jug to measure out the amount of milk exactly – too much water will make the crepes too thin and too little will make them too thick.
- Heat up a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan (non-stick is best) and spoon or ladle in a small amount of the crepe batter – too little batter will make the crepes easy to fall apart and hard to flip over, and too much will make them too thick and easy to break apart.
Tip: Control the amount of oil you use by using a spray-on oil or rubbing a piece of greased kitchen paper over the bottom of the frying pan – too much oil will make the crepes ragged at the edges, and too little will make them hard to flip over.
- Cook on a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the edges come away from the bottom of the pan – too low and they’ll take ages to cook and turn out rubbery, too high and they’ll burn easily.
- Flip over and cook for another couple of minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
Tip: Use a spatula to flip over the crepes.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter – makes around 12 crepes.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc
- you can use any type of oil to fry the crepes: coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil
- you can substitute the gluten-free flour with plain flour if you’re not gluten-free.
You can fill these crepes with a combination of any type of sweet fillings:
- maple syrup
- melted chocolate
- jam or marmalade
- lemon curd
- lemon juice and (coconut) sugar
- almond butter or peanut butter
- fresh berries
- sliced bananas
- coconut whipped cream or coconut yogurt!
You can also eat them as wraps and fill with savoury fillings. Here are some suggestions:
- Chickpea Mayonnaise Salad
- Vegan “Egg” Mayonnaise Salad
- Lazy Falafel
- Mexican Tofu Scramble
- Chickpea Caesar Salad!
MORE GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN PANCAKE RECIPES:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Gluten-Free Vegan Crepes
- Coconut oil (or sub vegetable oil)
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well (no need to sift the flours) - use a balloon whisk to mix it if the batter becomes clumpy
- Heat up a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan (non-stick is best) and spoon or ladle in a small amount of the crepe batter
- Cook on a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the edges come away from the bottom of the pan
- Flip over and cook for another couple of minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides
- Repeat for the rest of the batter - makes around 12 crepes
- Best eaten immediately
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.