These Vegan Scrambled Tofu Tacos are really easy to make, fresh and flavourful and super nutritious! The perfect recipe for a healthy yet satisfying plant-based dinner.
Why you’ll love these Vegan Scrambled Tofu Tacos:
- they’re filled with tender, flavourful, subtly spiced Mexican Tofu Scramble
- the spices transform the tofu form bland and boring to mind-blowingly delicious
- they make a seriously satisfying, well-balanced meal
- they’re kid-friendly and are bound to be a crowd-pleaser
- they’re ready in 30 minutes
- they come together in one frying pan
- they’re easily customisable and you can get creative with different fillings
- they’re naturally vegan and gluten-free.
How to make these Vegan Scrambled Tofu Tacos:
Fry the onion, garlic and peppers in a frying pan
Add some spices and herbs: earthy cumin, smoky paprika, fiery cayenne, fragrant coriander (cilantro)
Add the tofu and use a spatula to break it up into small pieces
Then all you need to do is stuff the scrambled tofu into a tortilla, along with some other yummy add-ins like:
- I like to use peppers, but you can use any type of vegetables you like – carrots, courgette (zucchini), sweetcorn or mushrooms all work well.
- You can use either firm or silken tofu, depending on which texture you prefer.
More vegan Mexican recipes:
- Stretchy Melty Cheese Nachos
- Mexican Tofu Scramble
- Vegan White Bean Queso
- Tofu Fajitas
- Tofu “Fish” Tacos
- Stretchy Melty Cheese Quesadillas
- Easy Cheat Horchata
- Mushroom Tacos
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Scrambled Tofu Tacos (GF)
For the scrambled tofu:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or sub olive, vegetable or rapeseed oil)
- 1 small onion , thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic , minced
- 1 green or red pepper , cored and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne chilli pepper , to taste
- Handful fresh coriander (cilantro) , roughly chopped
- 300 g (10.5 oz) firm or silken tofu , drained and rinsed
- Salt + pepper , to taste
For the scrambled tofu:
- In a frying pan, heat up the oil and add onion, garlic and pepper once hot
- Fry for around 10 minutes, until very soft
- Add the cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne and coriander, and fry for about a minute until fragrant
- Add the tofu and use a spatula to break it up into small pieces
- Add the salt + pepper and leave to cook for a few minutes until the tofu has cooked through
- Serve the scrambled tofu with tortillas stuffed with desired ingredients and drizzle over garlic herb dip, if desired
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.